Sharon Historical Society

Post Cards of Sharon Sites for Sale

SHARON HIGH SCHOOL, South Main Street, housed grades six through twelve during the period of 1930 to 1957 when the last class graduated. The section on the left was the original Charles R. Wilber School which opened as a grammar school in 1922. A few years later an additional structure was added to the Wilber School thereby allowing students to move from the old Pleasant Street High School to this new Sharon High. With the completion of Sharon High School, a ceremony was held at which time an award was presented to the architects for the beautiful architectural design of the building. (Details of this award may be seen at the Sharon Historical Society's Museum).

Home Page Old Post Cards Next Post Card