Sharon Historical Society

Post Cards of Sharon Sites for Sale

SHARON’S ORIGINAL TOWN HALL, at comer of South Main and East Chestnut streets. In 1881 it was voted by 58 registered voters to "construct a new Town House at a cost not to exceed $10,000". This beautiful structure was completed and occupied in 1883, serving the town for 82 years. In the early 1960s a committee decided a new building "would be more energy efficient". Thus, following completion of the building housing the present Sharon Town Offices on land directly behind the old building, this old structure was demolished.

Home Page Old Post Cards Next Post Card